LADIES MISSIONARY FELLOWSHIP
This past year was a blessing in service, prayer and friendships. We meet on the second Thursday of the month, September through May, from 9:30 AM - 2:00 PM. The meeting starts with the Word of God, missionary letters are read, and FBC missionaries are lifted up in prayer. A short business meeting is followed by lunch. A project is done in the afternoon. Thanks so much to Phyliss and Leon Pifer for opening your home to us and your storage barn as well.
In 2010, the following projects were made possible by the body of FBC from the money donated, time volunteered for projects and service within and outside the LMF meeting structure.
- 180 wordless bracelets and 55 woodless booklets were sent to five CEF and RBM missionaries.
- 120 hygiene bags were packed and taken to Youth Haven Ranch.
- Prizes were purchased for three RBM vacation Bible Schools
- Lunch was served to the Encounter Revival Ministries Team.
- Postage was paid for bi-monthly missionary letters written. Special thanks to Francis Cross
- A box of picture cards was snt to the Harmons in Brazil for Portuguese tracts.
- Two boxes of cancelled stamps were sent to Alliance Women Stamp Ministry. These support Spanish Sunday Schools in Latin America.
- Monetary gifts were sent to Al and Chris Ross, Garvel and Lori Owens (RBM), and Seth and Ethan Foster (Encounter)
- More than 30 Christmas bags were packed and given to widows, widowers and shut-ins.
- Four funeral dinners were either supplied with food and workers or just workers.
This year we changed how the funeral dinners happen. Thank you to the six co-captains who took over the orchestration of this vital ministry. Your kitchen and organizational talents have exceedingly lightened the load.
It is amazing how God uses this small group of women with no formal funding to funnel so many resources in support of the global missionary endeavor. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve God's Kingdom in this fashion. The invitation to join us for any part of the meeting day is always extended. God certainly has bonded this group in His love, and we would not want to be selfish with the blessing this fellowship provides.